It’s been 50 years since Chiefs fans have felt this type of hype. The entire city is red, EVERYONE is excited about the big game, and the way this community is coming together is magical! From photo ops at Union Station to spirit week in the local schools and businesses, special Mahomes burgers across the local pub scene and so many more Chiefs celebratory events, Kansas City is on fire about Super Bowl LIV.
Football fans really know how to party when it comes to the Super Bowl. Whether you’re celebrating at home, hitting up a local bar, or you’re one of the lucky ones to head south to Miami, one thing is for sure– there’s no shortage of Super Bowl spirit across Kansas City.
Right here in Merriam, take a look at the Super Bowl LIV events and activities:
Eat, drink and be merry!
- Did somebody say doughnuts? On Super Bowl Sunday, Merriam’s Krispy Kreme will sell limited quantities of a special KC Chiefs football doughnut. Grab a dozen before they sell out at 8805 Shawnee Mission Parkway.
- Fight for your right to party at Bilski’s Super Bowl Party & Potluck on Sunday starting at 4:00 p.m.
- Chiefs Super Bowl in the Allie is another happening game day spot on Merriam Drive! Come cheer the Chiefs on to victory–and sing Happy Birthday to Allie!
Help the fur babies!
- Find a furever friend at Baron BMW & Mini’s Saturday adoption event in partnership with Midwest Animal Resq from 11-2:00 p.m. Get an oil change, adopt an animal and hang out with 101 the Fox!
- Paws Up KC is in the spirit of helping the animals too and will be hosting a Operation TAILgate on Super Bowl Sunday ALL DAY LONG in the parking lot of Pegah’s (corner of Antioch & SMP).
- Snap a pic with Merriam’s resident bears, all dressed up in Chiefs gear for the big game! 6304 E. Frontage Road at Merriam Historic Plaza. #ExploreMerriam #GoChiefs
- Make a statement in new swag–Dick’s Sporting Goods in Merriam has all the AFC gear, jerseys, hats and more! 49ers fans–get yours elsewhere.
- Merriam’s favorite box curator has some cute Chiefs socks to keep your footsies warm during the big game! Check ’em out at Kansas City Box.
At home hosting?
- Jenn from Peas and Crayons posted this yummy jalapeno football cheese ball. I made it for the AFC Championship game, so in true superstitious behavior, it will be make a reappearance on Sunday.
- If sweets are more your style, check out this Two Sisters pin Kansas City Game Day Treats.
- No tailgate, watch party of any other day of the week makes sense without good ol’ KC barbecue! We really like Woodyard on Merriam Drive!
No matter where you watch, how you celebrate or what team you’re rooting for (but if you’re rooting for the 49ers, you are just wrong), Kansas City is our hometown and we are proud to call ourselves Chiefs Kingdom!