- Pack for the day. Grab a blanket for the lawn, sunscreen, lawn chairs, bug spray, water, water and more water, and sunglasses. Nothing spoils a party like a missing necessity.
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring clothing layers that you can add or shed based on the temp.
- Don’t forget a portable charger. If you like to record acts and share clips, your battery life will suffer, so make sure to have a backup.
- Even if you plan to delight in the yummy selections of the food trucks on site, it’s always a good idea to bring along a granola bar or a few portable snacks.
- Bring cash. Some vendors may not have credit card capability, so plan ahead to bring a few dollars with you.
- Enjoy the show. We tend to watch through the lens of our phones nowadays, so resist the urge every once in a while and truly watch the performances.
- The kids zone is a great place for family time–from face painting to the balloon guy, and the touch-a-truck event, we’d love for you to share your favorite moments at #ExploreMerriam.
- Make it a mini vacay! Add in a few more weekend attractions, a reservation at a Merriam hotel and explore the city. Find great rates at www.exploremerriam.com/hoteldeals
- Most importantly, plan ahead for a designated driver if you plan to imbibe. We want you back at the next Merriam Drive Live!
Saturday, October 6 marks the inaugural music festival in downtown Merriam! Merriam Drive Live will kick off the first weekend in October with rockin’ live music, local food trucks, a kids zone with fun activities for the littles, and an adults only area with tasty beverages and yard games.